Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Last Meals...

I've decided that if I'm ever in a situation where I am to choose a last meal, I would like to be prepared. Because...well...how shitty would it be to make a poorly thought-out choice? It seems clear that a tasting menu would be in order, right? So here are some thoughts:

1) Belgian endive, arugula, Boston lettuce, candied walnut, sliced pear, and fried goat cheese salad with a balsamic vinaigrette.

2) Ossobucco. With toasted slices of freshly baked French bread spread with marrow roasted with salt and black pepper, sprinkled with lemon juice.

3) Grilled Kobe steak with portobello and foie gras.

4) Poblano pepper stuffed with chicken, black beans, diced tomato, onion, cilantro, fontina, and cheddar. With guacamole.

5) Saag paneer. With makki di roti.

6) Sea urchin roe, Alaskan pink shrimp, and fluke nigirizushi (separately, of course), eel and avocado makizushi with eel sauce, and seared toro with wasabi mayonnaise. And warm sake.

7) Some kind of desert...not sure exactly what.

8) A mint julep.

I think there's definitely room for improvement there, but I could die happy with that as my last meal. Okay, your turn!

1 comment:

Nisse said...

Dessert would have to be ice cream.

Please Don't Eat the Sea Kittens